One of the most stressful parts of planning a celebration can be finding the right venue. Something that matches your aesthetic, guest count, location and not to mention budget. On top of that - adding food options into that and what you can/can't bring in - take it from a planner, lots of comparison charts can be needed to find the perfect one!
What a lot of people discount as the perfect venue is their own home. If you're willing to put in the work and bring in some experts for a little extra help, it can be that perfect venue to end your search.
Here are some tips and tricks that we always share with your clients to help them turn their home into the perfect venue:
1) What's the Focus?: Is it a dinner party? A cocktail reception? Are you playing games? Thinking about the focus of the event and how people will be interacting with each other will help you visualize the best location within your home.
2) Rearrange It!: You can always move things back! If you need some extra space in your living room for a long dining table, move out your couch! It's only a couple hours, so stashing it in that extra bedroom won't make a difference.
BONUS TIP: The delivery men from a party rental company could help you rearrange if you provide them with some extra tips :)
3) Rent It!: You can rent it without committing. So what if your dining room chairs don't match the all white theme you are going for, you can rent some chairs that will match perfectly. Same thing with dishware, glassware, linens etc. Once the rental company picks it all up, it's like nothing even happened!
4) Don't Try to Do it All: One of the biggest mistakes hosts can sometimes make is trying to do it all. Cooking the appetizers, entrees, baking dessert, mixing cocktails, replenishing plates, not to mention, engaging with all your guests! Order some catering, hire a bartender, you'll thank me!
5) Personal Is Not a Bad Thing: Sometimes it may not feel as fancy if you have it in your home. But just because it's not hosted at an event venue or restaurant, doesn't mean it's any less fancy. You have the opportunity to make it even more high-touch as you can control so much more. The look, the feel, the music, the smells, the tastes - everything!
Overall - we always support an event at home - just prepare yourself with these tips and it will be one of the best occasions you have ever hosted!
Enjoy some of our favorite tips, tricks and select event highlights!