In the world of Pinterest and Etsy, some type of unique banner is almost required when hosting a celebration. Through the years, we have have put our crafting gloves on and created many burlap triangle banners for our clients. They're so easy and fun to make, we thought we should share it so anyone can have at their next occasion.
What You Will Need
1. Lay out the vinyl on a flat surface.. When you go to peel the vinyl, you will notice one side is clear plastic and the other is the actual vinyl. Make not of which is which. I find it best to draw on the plastic side because any residual lines will come off when you peel the plastic.
2. Draw your first shape and cut it out.
3. Place your shape on the middle of one of the banner pieces. Be sure to place with the clear plastic side facing up.
4. Heat your iron to about 300 degrees. I like to use a piece of wax paper between the shape and the iron to protect both. Cut a piece of wax paper and place on top of your shape.
5. Place your iron on top of the wax paper and hold for approximately 30-45 seconds.
6. Remove the wax paper and peel up a small corner of your shape. The vinyl should stick to the burlap and cleanly separate from your clear plastic. If it doesn't clearly separate, put the iron back on for another 20 seconds.
7. Your shape should then be adhered to the banner. If your shape still seems like it needs additional heat, you can place the wax paper and iron directly onto the vinyl for another 20 seconds.
TIP: Do not leave the iron on there for more than 20 seconds to avoid bubbles or over-melting of the vinyl.
Voila! Now you have a beautiful custom burlap banner! Enjoy.
One of the best parts of parties is coming up with something creative that guests can take home with them to continually remind them of the wonderful time they had at your celebration! We always strive for something unique and customized to our client's interests.
One of the first lessons we learn in events is always have a plan b! You never know what can come up regarding weather, vendor deliveries, and especially shipments! Most recently, our customized gifts for one our latest parties mysteriously went missing through FedEx. As we opened investigations with FedEx and our supplier, the event drew closer and we knew we need something in our back pocket.
Knowing how much our clients love to celebrate and in thinking what kind of personalized gifts we could put together in our shop, we thought, what's better than champagne?
A quick call to our local liquor store and a trip to Staples and voila! Customized mini-champagne bottles! Not only can our guests continue the celebration at home, but they're pretty damn cute!
Thinking about recreating these at home? Here are some tips and tricks:
Not into the DIY? Call us! We'll bring you some champagne magic :)